DuraLabel's Weekly Safety News

Blog Author Angelique Sanders

Weekly safety news. Stay in touch with regulations from OSHA, NFPA, and other safety codes. Find out about other companies' best and worst practices. We scour the internet to provide you with helpful training resources and the latest safety information.

Thursday, November 03, 2011

What to Do If You've Been in a Work Related Accident

If someone is looking in Google to find out what they should do if they are injured on the job, they may find this press release published yesterday on World News Report (click here to see article). It makes the following recommendations to "ease the process of filing a workers' compensation claim:"

- Report your accident - workers' compensation requires that your employer be notified of any accidents, and you may need to fill out an incident report.

- Seek medical treatment - for both repetitive and accidental injuries.

- Get an attorney - a workers' compensation attorney will be able to assist you during every stage of your claim, and help ensure you are provided with the compensation you are entitled to.

What do you think?  What steps should an injured employee take?

Labels: , ,

posted by Steve Hudgik
View This Post - (2 Comments)


Anonymous Munro's Safety Apparel said...

The most important thing to do is report the accident. Many employees won't say anything because they fear there will be consequences. Others don't want to take the time off to heal from their injury so they push through, making the injury worse.

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Report the injury first thing. People think they'll be okay, but days later find out they are not or the injury is more serious. By then they can't show that it was a work injury.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home